Friday, April 5, 2013

"Write First"

Chapter 1:

When I write on a daily basis, it usually involves a Facebook post or text message. I am mostly speaking to people I know very well, or I post status updates about random ideas. Most of this writing is for entertainment purposes, and tend to have multiple fragments or abbreviations. I would say my daily writing is very casual. 

After reading chapter one, I have learned that there are many different kinds of writing. The analysis of my "Write First" portion of this assignment has explained more of an informal way of writing from day to day rather than what is expected in a college setting. Formal ways of writing are used when reports, essays, paragraphs, and short answers are assigned by an instructor or boss, therefore; grammar, punctuation, and spelling is essential. I will soon be learning these things throughout the course and other courses that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment