Monday, April 29, 2013

SOFTBALL

Sports have always been a part of me, but softball has been my number one heart and soul of all the possible sports available. While growing up I watched my brother enjoy all kinds of sports, which in turn made my love for them grow fonder. I spent a fair amount of time at the ball parks, basketball courts, and football fields cheering for him and his teammates. I was 9 years old when I got the nerve to ask my parents to play sports. Within my mind, I felt as though sports were for boys and that the girls were supposed to sit back and watch. I decided I was not going to be the girl that I had stereotyped myself as, and so I told my parents I wanted to try out for softball. My parents were very supportive with most of my decisions at this young age only because they trusted I knew when to speak up if it wasn't something I really enjoyed participating in. Since I had chosen for myself to play softball, they wanted to keep my spirits up and cheer me on just as much as they did my brother. I began to practice hard and even read about the sport to get all the rules memorized. I was determined to get the attention from my parents, as well as the crowd for being the best player on my team. Now that I am an adult with 2 beautiful children, it makes having time for fun next to impossible. I would like to find out more about co-ed softball teams that could possibly be offered at the times I am available for fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment