Monday, May 13, 2013

What I learned from Essay #1

When I started to research about the game of softball and baseball, I found quite a bit of things that were interesting. I had realized I hadn't known near as much as I thought I did. Although it has been a few years since I have played the sport, I did forget a few simple things. For example, the distance between the mound and home plate for both had slipt my mind. I also had never looked into figuring out what each ball was made up of. I was shocked to learn that the baseball was made up of over a mile in length of string. When I was younger, I did cut into the outter layer of a baseball to find string, but it never really accured to me that the string was all it was made up of. I have learned quite a bit from my fellow classmates as well and really enjoyed reading each and every essay that I came across. I feel like everyone is doing a wonderful job in progressing in the class and learning how to write structured sentences as well as great paragraphs that flow from one to the other.

3 comments:

  1. My dad was a baseball coach for the high school I attended, and my sister played softball all her life. I have never played, but I learned a lot about it from watching every game. I was surprised how many differences there actually is between the two sports. When I was younger I also cut into the baseball to see what it was made out of. I'm sure every kid has tried that! I wish I could have read your essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that every kid at some point in the lifetime has mangled a baseball up so bad that in some way they found the inside was made up of string. I enjoyed refreshing my memory of these two particular sports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe that every kid at some point in the lifetime has mangled a baseball up so bad that in some way they found the inside was made up of string. I enjoyed refreshing my memory of these two particular sports!

    ReplyDelete